EAST TENNESSEE REGION, AACA
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY SCHOLARSHIP
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION
Click HERE to Download the Criteria and Application
This scholarship is granted by the East Tennessee Region, Antique Automobile Club of America, to encourage students to further their education and to stimulate an interest in the antique automobile hobby. The recipient will receive a complimentary membership to the AACA and the East Tennessee Region, and is encouraged to attend four or more ETR events during the year after the scholarship is awarded.
- Have been accepted to, or currently enrolled in an accredited high school, college, or trade school program leading to a degree or certification in automotive technology and/or restoration.
- Have shown an active interest in the hobby of antique vehicles.
- Have not received this scholarship previously.
Application must include the following:
- Completed scholarship application form.
- Nomination letter from a faculty member from the school in which the applicant is enrolled. The letter should include:
- Examples of the student’s interest, accomplishments and achievements relating to the antique automobile hobby.
- Summary of the student’s academic performance and overall achievement in school.
- Description of personal characteristics and leadership qualities.
- Reasons the student is deserving of this scholarship.
- Current status in school.
- Name, address, phone number and email address of faculty member.
- Official high school, college, or trade school transcript.
- Student profile or resume, which should include:
- Career objective
- Involvement in community activities
- Academic area of greatest strength
- Honors received
- Outstanding projects or papers
- Special skills, talents, hobbies and other interests
- Extra-curricular activities
- Work experience
- Personal experience
- Applications for the scholarship will be accepted from any faculty member of the school of attendance.
- Applications may be downloaded from the East Tennessee Region website: etr.aaca.com
- Deadline for applications shall be March 31st of the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Selection will be made by the East Tennessee Region Board of Directors.
Awarding of Scholarship:
This scholarship shall be awarded during the month of May, 2020.